Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Starting 2013 Right

Happy New Year!

I ended 2012 by doing this!


Totally filling up my Active Link, yay me!  I went for a run and then stayed pretty active the rest of the day, and it's all lit up!

Eighteen months ago I was running a lot and training for a half marathon, however after injuring myself, not letting myself heel properly, then injuring myself again, I have been a sporadic runner.  I only logged 173 miles in 2012, almost half of what I did in 2011, and that was half of what I did in 2010! This year I would like to get my running mojo back!  I am hoping to, at the least doubling my 2012 numbers this year.  My knee is finally feeling a bit better, so this morning I decided to KT Tape myself up and try running two days in a row, something I haven't done in a while.



I felt great!  It was a good run, still some slight knee pain, but i'm new at this whole KT tape thing, so i'll try and tape myself up better next time.

After I finished, I talked the family into going for a walk to the park to let The Kid run around for a bit, then we came home and did a crazy globe puzzle.  It was a great start to the New Year!

I normally don't do resolutions, but I do want to set some goals for myself...

  • Run three times a week, even when traveling.
  • 3 Weight Watchers meeting a month, minimum.
  • Try to blog my feelings instead of eat them.
  • Have fun while doing the above!
Welcome 2013!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I've never filled my Active Link completely up. I've gotten 3/4 filled. This is AWESOME!! You have inspired me to try to do this. My goal is to make it to 100% everyday no matter what, but to have every light lit would be unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paula! I did it again today, I think it's the running that pushes me over! I need it though since my ActiveLink challenge wants me to work up to 5 AP's a day!

    ReplyDelete